SHOFU Disk ZR Lucent
Discover the difference
SHOFU Disk ZR Lucent is a highly translucent zirconia material (5Y-PSZ) for the fabrication of aesthetic anterior and posterior restorations.
The presintered milling blanks come in one monolayer and various multilayer designs. They are compatible with all common CAD/CAM systems, thanks to their good millability and their diameter of 98.5 mm. These blanks combine an outstanding flexural strength value of over 1,000 MPa with high light transmission (similar to that of lithium disilicate), so they can be used for a variety of indications.
The restorations can be completed either by staining and glazing with Vintage Art stains, or by minimal layering in the cut-back technique with Vintage ZR porcelains.
Benefits at a glance
- Highly translucent multilayer zirconia blanks, over 1,000 MPa in flexural strength
- Compatible with all common CAD/CAM systems (Ø 98.5 mm)
- Suitable for both highly aesthetic monolithic restorations and porcelain layering in the cut-back technique
- Natural, harmonious blend of shades – from incisal to cervical aspects
- High translucency (similar to that of lithium disilicate)
3-5-1: Three shades in five-layers in one blank
The smooth transition of shades in the five-layer blanks creates a harmonious, lifelike blend of shades from enamel (one layer, 30 %) to dentine (three layers, 35 %) and the cervical area (one layer, 35 %).
Depending on the vertical position of the restoration planned, several shades of one shade group can be reproduced using one blank, without any complicated staining.